Are you seeking a graduate scholarship from the University of as an international student? Proceed to this post to find out about the available entrance scholarships.
The University of Regina graduate scholarship is ongoing for the academic session of 2022/2023 for interested international students and the country’s students to apply.
There is an outstanding opportunity for those who wish to secure financial aid while furthering their studies at an exceptional university like the University of Regina.
Hence, read through this post and get the necessary document and credentials as an international student for a graduate scholarship.
University of Regina-Graduate Scholarships
The University of Regina offers and administers many scholarships and awards that provide financial help to its students.
The University of Regina in recent years is one of the university’s main strengths. With over 2,800, International students account for 17.7% of total students.
The university, thus, has services and resources available for the students, such as Life Skills Advising and the Global Learning Center.
International Admissions Guide at Regina-Graduate Studies
The international admissions guide for undergraduate students depends on their country of origin to complete country-specific requirements.
Generally, the admission process starts with filling out the online application, paying the application fee, and submitting the necessary documents.
For general graduate studies, the admission process may include more preliminary steps depending on the program, such as seeking a supervisor.
Meanwhile, applicants for Kenneth Levene Graduate School of Business can follow the process here either undergraduate or graduate for every student.
To be eligible for University of Regina Scholarships, the applicants must fulfil the following criteria:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Good academic record.
- Extracurricular activities and volunteering.
- Valid study permit.
- Background check on the international students
- Leadership skills.
- Proof of enrollment at a Canadian post-secondary educational institution
- Background check on the candidate.
Scholarships, Teaching Assistantships/Fellowships
Applicants seeking financial support through University scholarships, teaching assistantships and fellowships, should, in addition to applying for those scholarships listed on the FGSR website.
They also correspond with the head of the academic unit to which they wish to apply; students should not assume that an offer of admission is associated with financial support.
Unless informed otherwise, incoming students are expected to provide financial support during their course of studies.
University of Regina graduate support for students can be from internal or external scholarships, bursaries, research funds, or employment by academic and non-academic units.
Students are encouraged to seek external scholarships and other sources of funding; these are beneficial to students by directly providing financial assistance.
Funding available from the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research is in the form of entrance awards, graduate scholarships, teaching assistantships or fellowships.
- These funds are available only to fully qualified students in Master and Doctoral programs.
At the time of application, students may be part-time, but if awarded funding, students must register according to the Terms of Reference for the specific scholarship they are being awarded in the corresponding term.
Students who are in post-program maintenance (i.e., have completed all formal credit hour degree requirements in the program) are not eligible for FGSR funding unless otherwise stated in the Terms of Reference.
Other awards (titled scholarships, etc.) administered by FGSR are not included. Please read each Term of Reference carefully.
The following are the categories for funding from FGSR:
- Graduate Scholarship Base Funds (GSBF) are awarded to academically exceptional students and are available in all three terms. Please see the Terms of Reference regarding this funding on the GSBF page.
- Graduate Teaching Assistants (GTA) assist with the instructional program of undergraduate classes, seminars or laboratories as assigned by the head of the academic unit. It does not include acting as a research assistant for the personal research of a professor(s).
- Graduate Teaching Fellowships (GTF) are provided to students who will be involved in the instruction of a class under the supervision of a faculty member.
- Doctoral candidates are encouraged to build their repertoire of professional skills and should contact their academic unit about the availability of teaching fellowships which are funded by FGSR and the academic unit.
- Hours of work and rates of pay are determined through collective bargaining between the University of Regina and CUPE local 2419 – Academic Assistants. Teaching fellowships are typically available only in the fall and winter terms.
Available University of Regina Graduate Scholarships
These are the following available university of Regina graduate scholarships below:
1. Graduate Scholarship Base Fund
Scholarship Amount: up to $20,000 per year for up to four years
The recipients of these graduate scholarships at the University of Regina must be fully eligible students enrolled in a Master’s or Doctoral degree program at the University of Regina.
At their previous institution, PhD students must have a minimum of first-class average or an 80%.
Students entering their Master’s degree must have a minimum of 75% and achieve an average of 80 per cent during the program.
2. Women in STEM Entrance Scholarship
Scholarship Amount: $10,000
These scholarships at the University of Regina are available to every female STEM student in all faculties.
Faculty members may nominate fully qualified students, as the Faculty of Graduate Studies is not accepting student applications.
Students must have a first-class average when starting their Master’s or doctoral program (equivalent to 80%) or higher.
3. UR Scholars Entrance Scholarship
Scholarship Amount: full tuition fees
This scholarship is open to entering postgraduate students who will be doing research degrees at the University of Regina.
No separate application is needed in order to be considered for this scholarship. Instead, each faculty considers all who are admitted and nominates eligible students to receive this scholarship.
Students must be about to begin their first semester, register full-time, and display exceptional scholarly potential in order to be nominated.
University of Regina Graduate Application and Fees
There is a $100 (CAD) application fee required; you can pay your application fee by credit card when submitting your application form online.
To get to know more knowledge concerning graduate application as students applying for the University of Regina scholarships. click on the apply now button below.
How To Apply
These are the following application steps:
- Go to the application button below
- When you register online, you will be required to answer some questions to establish your eligibility.
- You should have given a unique registration number, username, and password
- You need to set up a draft application form and update it and your supporting documentation until the designated closing date as on the relevant participating country profile.
- Be aware there will be some information on the website
- Please no false information on the website.
Now’s your chance with this selection of University of Regina Graduate Scholarships; you, therefore, have no limitation from applying for graduate scholarships.
The application website gives crucial information and updates about the University of Regina Graduate Scholarships for fellow students.
Therefore, if you want to study at the University of Regina as a student through the above graduate scholarship, go for it and start preparing for this post to deliver essential details.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Scholarships.Fulloaded.co, as we continue to provide you with the best School just like University of Regina Graduate Scholarships 2022/2023, with all Articles posted on our Scholarships.Fulloaded being Accurate and free from Misinformation.
One thought on “University of Regina Graduate Scholarships 2022/2023 Apply Now!”
[…] types of undergraduate scholarships, and the acceptance rate for international students. The University of Regina Scholarship is a scholarship for international students, and this scholarship is awarded for undergraduate and […]