The University of Regina has scholarships for every international student willing to partake for the urges of furthering their academic level.
Regina University is a scholarship for international students, and this scholarship is awarded for undergraduate and master’s degree courses.
As an international student wanting to register through this scholarship for the University of Regina Scholarships, I urge you to obtain concrete requirements for additional registration.
All details and information regarding the prestigious school, different types of scholarships, and the acceptance rate for international students.
Ensure to read and digest all that the scholarships assigned to your country entail about before proceeding to apply, and to help you in the quest, go through this article, for it will be a helpful guide.
About The University of Regina
The University of Regina was originally a high school established in 1911; as time went on, more students began to attend this institution.
In 1974, the institution became independent from the University of Saskatchewan and became the University of Regina, and as a result, the high school became part of the University of Saskatchewan.
It has four faculties and 25 academic departments and schools, and 18 research institutes and centres, offering over 120 undergraduate courses and 78 graduate courses.
The University of Regina offers the following resources to its international students; UR International, Student Recruitment, and Student Development Centre.
Other includes Student Awards & Financial Aid, Residence Services, Registrar’s Office, Health Clinic (Allied Health Centre), Harassment, Discrimination Prevention, & Conflict Resolution Services.
Food Services, Disability Resource Office, Counselling Services, Conference Services, Career Centre, Bookstore, and Aboriginal Student Centre are other of the program which are needed.
Furthermore, the University of Regina saw its 12th consecutive year of enrolment growth in 2020, rising by 1% to 16,664 full-time and part-time students, a new high.
University of Regina Rankings
In 2017 research by Research Infosource Inc., the University of Regina ranked first in research revenue growth and is one of Canada’s top 50 research universities among its comprehensive universities.
Internationally, it is among the three Canadian universities in the 2017 Times Higher Education list of top young universities.
These are universities aged 50 years or younger. In 2020, the university ranked between 201st to 250th in the Young University Rankings and between 801st to 1000th in the World University Rankings for 2021.
University of Regina Scholarships
The University of Regina offers and administers many scholarships and awards that provide financial help to our students.
The University of Regina scholarship is awarded to top international students with an 85% minimum admission average and must enrol in and complete at least 9 credit hours per term.
International Students Tuition Fee at the University of Regina
It’s a good idea to get a sense of the costs before enrolling at the University of Regina; the undergraduate tuition fees for five standard classes.
Arts courses offer the most affordable tuition fees, while Business and Administration courses are the costliest with 15 credit hours ranging between $8,000 to $9,700, depending on the program.
For graduate studies, the following tuition fees in US dollars apply for a nine-credit hour program:
- Faculty of Graduate Studies: $2,100 to $5,900 for Masters and $1,500 for PhD.
- Johnson-Shoyama Graduate School of Public Policy: $1,200 to $5,800 for the Master’s program and $1,200 for the PhD program
- Kenneth Levene Graduate School of Business: $6,400 for a Master’s and $4,000 for a postgraduate diploma.
There are also additional fees besides tuition, such as Student Union fees, Recreation and Athletic fees, and the international surcharge.
University of Regina Application Fee
The undergraduate and graduate application fees at the University of Regina are $100.
These are the following eligibility criteria:
- Students must hold and maintain a minimum of 80% average. An incomplete or failing grade from the previous semester’s work will automatically render the student ineligible for support.
- Students who are, or will be, in post-program maintenance are NOT eligible for the funds. GRST 800AA must be completed on or before the 15th of February, 15th of June, or the 15th of October, in that particular semester they begin their program, to be eligible.
- Recipients of the URGraduate Fellowships (URGF) and UR Graduate Awards (URGA) are required to be registered full-time in the semester in which the funding is to be received and, accordingly, are required to register in no fewer than 6 credit hours of the course or thesis work about their program during the corresponding semester when there are outstanding, (i.e. thesis or course credit) in their programs.
- For students having between 3 and 5 credit hours of unfulfilled requirements remaining, the remainder will determine the number of credit hours in which they are obliged to register to qualify for funding.
- Part-time students may be awarded UR Graduate Scholarships (URGS).
- Students who are holding major awards such as national scholarships, i.e. NSERC, SSHRC or CIHR or equivalent (including major internal awards) are not eligible for the URGF funds. Moreover, they are eligible for URGA and URGS funds.
- Students who hold government funding that is intended to finance their studies are NOT eligible for these funds.
- Students can work up to 12 hours a week during the semester the award is held.
Steps To Apply
These are the steps below:
- Click on the ‘Apply Now ‘ button below
- You will see various available information on the website
- Fill in the crucial details or information
- Your important information can be your name, dates of birth, and other essential requirements
- Then click to submit
- No false information on the website.
For international students wanting to register for the University of Regina scholarships, click on the Official website below for better updates and understanding.
Undoubtedly, University of Regina scholarships are the best way students can fulfil their dream of studying abroad, and applying for a reputed and prestigious program helps them academically.
The University of Regina Scholarships For International Students allows you to show your personality and what you’re most proud of in life through the academic field.
Therefore, you should know that it provides significant financial support and encouragement for creative individuals’ artistic, educational, and personal growth.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Scholarships.Fulloaded.co, as we continue to provide you with the best School just like University of Regina Scholarships For International Students 2022/2023, with all Articles posted on our Scholarships.Fulloaded being Accurate and free from Misinformation.